Navigation Course InstructionsThings you and your partner will need:
- Know your 100m pace count
- Pen or Pencil
- Course Book
- Headlamp or Flashlight
Before you start:
- Register an account for your team and login.
Register for an account.
- The Starting Point is the the staff parking sign post we used on our prior weekend, labeled point #000.
- To get the starting set of clues, record that you have found point #000 with a control code of 0000.
Found a point
- Record points using their point # and control code as you find them.
- Punch the point sheet with your letter punch when you find a point.
- New clues will be revealed as you find points.
- You may wish to use the course booklet to manually record points and clues, just in case there is a technical failure.
- Check out before you leave the classroom on the check-out/in form
- Be back by about 10pm
- Check in when you return on the same form you checked out on.
I will be available for technical support, wave me down, or call my cell phone at 650-867-0170.
You will likely not be able to complete the course tonight. Not to worry, we will have time on Saturday and Sunday to finish.
Some of the points for this course are off campus. None of the points are on private property. It is not necessary to climb fences to reach the points.
The points may be visited in any order. Try to avoid following another team.